Wednesday, December 8, 2010

American Girl Chrismas dresses

My three daughters are all very much into their "American Girl" dolls, and so I decided to make them some home-made Christmas outfits for gifts this year.

My oldest will be receiving a red 'Santa-like' outfit - trimmed with white furry 'eyelash' yarn.  I also made a white mesh cap to go with this one.

My youngest will get a green dress, trimmed with sparkly white., and a matching white bonnet.

And my middle daughter  (who has the Native American "Kaya" AG doll) will be getting this ivory dress  - trimmed with cranberry and 'natural' colored wooden beads
 I just love the gold flecks in this yarn ~ It is so festive!
I hope to make a matching headband and perhaps some moccasins to go with this dress.

I used this pattern for the basis of all three dresses,
although I made several modifications to all of them so that I could personalize them for my girls.

http://fatcatcrochetcorner.blogspot.com/2010/09/autumn-celebration-dress_02.html

1 comment:

  1. Cute!! Emma really wants a hat for her AG doll, I need to get on this!!

    ReplyDelete