Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Putting my 'learning hat' on....

I have discovered that one of my very favorite things to make are hats.

When I started making hats earlier this year my first few attempts didn't quite turn out as planned.

My very first 'hat' was actually a basic 'bun cover
(The pattern came form the book Get Your Crochet On - Hip Hats and Cool Caps.
This was a FUN book, although I learned the hard way that it was mostly geared for 'ethnic' hair, 
(not thin/fine hair like mine.)   The bun cover turned out HUGE!


I wasn't quite sure what to do with it.... until my daughter offered a very creative solution.


One of my dear friends fell in love with the 'cloche' style of hats and asked if I could make her one.

I tried.


I failed

My next try = success!
(sort of ... it was still a bit too big for her)...

 

But at least it turned out the way it was supposed to, which gave me the confidence to try again.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you, starting this blog and for keeping at the hat making. I got a book from the library and I plan to give it a try, but I am all thumbs.
    Your Friend Jenn
    (Yes, I have a blogger blog, too! Mostly so that I can have a profile to leave comments, but I couldn't resist another format!)

    ReplyDelete